After talking to Brandon's High School Coach on the show today, I really believe he is going out early. His Senior year could have been special but not special enough to make him stay in school. I really think he'll climb up the charts at the combine as the scouts learn more about him.
Jackson, to me, was the best player for Nebraska this year. Nearly a 1,000 yards splitting carries with 3 other backs and scored 8 TD's. It's the right call to go out for the following reasons if he does go:
1. The competition this year at RB coming out is weak. Next year its stacked.
2. The money is too great to stick around if he is going to be a 3rd or 4th rounder like I think he will be
3. Why fight for carries? Callahan has already shown that he favors Marlon Lucky
4. No need to risk injuries during another college year. Already had a shoulder and hand injury.
5. New QB that will want to throw the ball more than hand it off
We'll have to wait and see but I think he's gone.