Sunday, December 21, 2008

New Computer, New Thoughts

So, I made the switch to Mac today.  After a few months of thoughts and research, I decided that I should go the way of most Gen. Xers these days and become part of the cult.  It is a cult - Mac People...they will never say a bad word about their beloved Macs...but as of 2 hours ago - I joined them.  I have to say - these things do rock! :).  Now I gotta learn Garage Band for my audio stuff but everyone tells me that this blog will be better now that I can do cool stuff with my new Mac.  We will have to see.  

I've been Xmas shopping non-stop for 3 days but I have to update you on the great news about my sister's gift.  If you remember the show from Friday - I told how I have been on a mission for a pair of size 3- kids - Classic Tall Chestnut Uggs.  My mother and I looked all over Boston and Omaha but found nothing.  Then we sifted through the web in search of the mystical boots.  Nada.  Nothing until I went on the air and begged for help.  Well, long story short - a listener put me in touch with shop in Iowa who then put in me in touch with their shop in Kansas who then put me in touch with their store in Warrensburg, Missouri and BANG!  We got the UGGS!  RIDICULOUS!  But Maggie will be very happy on Christmas morning I'm sure.  Thanks to everyone at Brown's Shoe Fit in 3 states for their help!

Thanks to all who emailed to help...it was a search that had a happy ending.  

In closing, I'm off until next Sunday for the Jays vs. Shocker game at the Qwest.  Off the Big Show until Monday, Dec. 29th.  Have an AWESOME Christmas and look forward to talking a lot of football for the Huskers next week.  

6 comments:

Josh said...

Your blog would be better if it wasnt on such a crappy platform. Blogger is lame. Move to WordPress.

Also, run the stats, just because some hippie at Blue Line is rockin' an iBook, doesnt mean Apple has any kind of market share.

Good timing, too. You finally make the switch as Steve Jobs is on his deathbed.

beav said...

Go Shockers.

Landon said...

lol I hope youre sister doesn't read youre blog! haha

Brian said...

@Landon...

And I hope your English teacher doesn't, either. Whoops. ;-p

Matt Perrault said...

nope already asked about that :) Thanks though

Matt Perrault said...

nope already asked about that :) Thanks though