Thursday, February 1, 2007

KERRY FOR PRESIDENT!

From Sportsbybrooks.com:

The Massachusetts senator says this new deal to give the "Extra Innings" pay-per-view package exclusively to DirecTV goes against the very heart of the democratic process. "I am opposed to anything that deprives people of reasonable choices," Kerry said in a statement. "In this day and age, consumers should have more choices, not fewer. I'd like to know how this serves the public - a deal that will force fans to subscribe to DirecTV in order to tune in to their favorite players. A Red Sox fan ought to be able to watch their team without having to switch to DirecTV.

I LOVE HIM I LOVE HIM I LOVE HIM!!!!!!

I am seriously nervous about this coming spring. If I can't watch the Red Sox, I'm liable to go insane! Literally, the Red Sox let me be normal here in Omaha. When I first heard about this, I really almost flipped out....I PRAY he wins this fight!!

2 comments:

Martin said...

Wouldn't this deal actually be called "capitalism"? I know that it is an unfamiliar term with most liberals...but if MLB got a better deal with DirecTV, like the NFL, why not? I don't have to like it, but I can vote with my dollar by not getting the dish.

It may stink but if another radio station offered you more money for your program, and the climate was right, you'd jump ship wouldn't you? Oh, you have.

Red Sox Fan said...

Yes, it's capitalism...that would screw me...so F Direct TV :). And I have a contract so I don't think I'm going anywhere :)