Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Uh Oh. I Hope This Isn't The Norm

So whenever I move to a new place, I'm always concerned about the politics of the city. I'm not a radical or anything but my views on life are reflective of a lot people my age. We try to accept everyone and don't get caught up in the hate speech of the baby boomers.

In Iowa, this gay marriage issue is causing people to lose their minds. It's like they are being forced into a world that they can't exist. I am proud of Iowa and proud that the state was at the forefront of the gay marriage issue. My home state of Massachusetts is also involved with this debate.

Here is an article that I came across today that really freaked me out. Why it was printed in the Des Moines Register is beyond me but this is hate speech. The word "recruited" especially scares me. I just wish people who actually are religious would actually follow what their religion teaches....I'm not religious but I often feel more Christian than the most devout. Here's a great clip and while I'm sorry that this family lost their son...being gay doesn't destroy society.

"For those still uncertain about homosexual "marriage," please understand that the more accepting we are of homosexuality as a society, the more likely it is that your family, and society in general, will suffer the pain that ultimately results. Homosexuality took the life of our son."



EDIT - This is great!

No comments: